About Our Facility
About The Monkey Wrench Building
- Historic mill building (circa 1898) in Springfield, Massachusetts. Located just one block from interstate 91 on Main Street, this commercial property blends new and old, offering well apportioned mixed-use spaces and beautiful views of the Connecticut River and downtown Springfield from the top floors.
- This building is the birthplace of the ‘Monkey Wrench,’ a tool originally produced by the first owner of the building, Bemis & Call Company. For the majority of the 20th century, this building housed famed New England interior design and fine furniture powerhouse Bottaro-Skolnick Interiors.
- In the early part of the 21st century, Bottaro-Skolnick ceased operations. A new company known as the Design Resource Center of New England opened in the building and offers full service residential and commercial design, quality brands of furniture, fabrics, lighting, accessories, carpeting, wall coverings, shades and also operates upholstery, drapery, cabinetry and refinishing workrooms.
- “The Monkey Wrench” is now home to an eclectic group of commercial ventures, including artisans, retailers, professional offices, artist workspaces and manufacturers.
- We have a unique partnership with ‘Lockwood Self Storage’ across the street, a brand-new fully secure self-storage facility offering oversize storage units (www.lockwoodstorage.com). We are able to offer preferred package pricing for customers that require both office space and outdoor drive-up storage. Please contact us for details.
- Our customers adhere to a strong code of ethics, promising mutual respect for each other and for the building itself. By being neighborly and keeping each others’ interests at heart, we offer the best product, create value and support the community in which we live.
Please contact us and we would be glad to discuss current availability. Available spaces are limited. We hope to welcome you into our facility.